Patricia Carpenter’s Fall Garden Ramble
You are invited to enjoy Patricia Carpenter’s wonderful California native plant garden on a typical cool fall day on November 5, 2023. The garden, a secluded 1-acre wild escape on the slough, is located west of Davis. Started in 2005, it now features about 400 species and cultivars of California native plants.
The garden will be open on November 5, 2023, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, rain or shine. You can stop by for a self-guided garden ramble (garden maps available for use onsite), and there will be an optional short orientation / Q&A gathering with Patricia at 10:00 am and 12 noon.
RSVP required: Please register here for the event. Admittance is free!
Visit Patricia’s Garden Ambassador profile to learn more about this garden, access a map, view a plant list, and take a virtual tour!
- Fall color and growth
- Wildflowers germinating. Fall planting!
- Observe seasonal maintenance, seed collecting, and pest control.
- Although masks are optional, please respect distancing and mask wearing of other visitors.
- Sturdy shoes advised.
- No dogs, please.
- Composting toilet available.
- You are welcome to bring a lunch or snack.
- The non-native garden will be open to view as well.
- The Miridae Mobile Plant Nursery will be on site, with a wide range of beautiful and ecologically beneficial plants to choose from.
The garden is on Pierce Ranch Road, south of Russell Blvd, approximately 2.9 miles east of Highway 113. A map is available when you register.
RSVP Required: Please register here for the event.