Five-finger fern, Adiantum aleuticum, Granite Lake, Trinity Alps, July 11, 2020 © Chris Harvey
Help Us Conserve Our Natural Areas
Here are some resources for getting involved!
- Watch for upcoming opportunities in our Blog.
- Check out our Facebook page, Shasta Chapter of the California Native Plant Society.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you’re interested in doing!
- Quick and Easy Conservation Letter Writing
- Example conservation comment and support letters (Coming soon!)
- Shasta Environmental Alliance
In addition to resources from the Shasta Chapter, there are a number of online botanical databases and other websites that provide extensive information about California native plants. Some of the main ones include:
- CNPS Inventory of Rare Plants
- CNPS Manual of California Vegetation
- California Invasive Plant Council, Invasive Plant Inventory
- Jepson Herbarium, Jepson Online Interchange
- Jepson Herbarium, eFlora
- NatureServe Explorer
- Wildflowers of California’s Klamath Mountains by Ken DeCamp book
- Conifer Country by Michael Kaufman book
- Plant Species availability list (Spring 2022)
- Shasta Chapter CNPS Blog
- US Forest Service Wildflower shows