Redbud's Spring Native Plant Sale is Coming!
Our 2023 spring online native plant sale is April 29!
We are GIVING BACK TO NATURE with our 2023 Members-Only Online Spring Plant Sale. Our online store will be open on Saturday, April 29, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Plant pickup in Grass Valley by appointment on Sunday, May 7, from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. We are so grateful to our Redbud nursery volunteers and home-growers, who have been working hard for months to propagate (mostly local) native plant species.
As we have done for several years, we’ll use the online Redbud store. The store will be open only April 29, not before.
Giving Back to Nature
Let’s celebrate nature’s gifts — a record snowpack, near-full reservoirs, and the hardiness of our California native plants! Although the plants at our nursery weathered the storms, the cold and snow have slowed their growth, so fewer plants than expected are mature enough for spring sale (but will be ready for our fall sale). Because of limited inventory, our spring sale is reserved for CNPS members. Our much-larger fall plant sale will be open to everyone!
To Shop, Make Sure You’re a Member
You must be a current CNPS Redbud membership to shop.
This online sale will be Saturday, April 29 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
We have sent an email to all current CNPS members who list the Redbud Chapter as one of their two chapter affiliations. This email has the code that allows members to log into the store during the member sale. Please do not share the code with others, as this would dilute for all CNPS members the value of shopping this sale. (This will be a new code, not one used for a previous plant sale.) If, for any reason, you did not receive this email but believe you are a current CNPS member, please let us know right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orders are processed in the sequence received. The goal is to ensure fairness to all to the best of our ability. Based on past online sales we’ve held, site traffic generally slows down substantially after the first two to three hours.
Once you complete your plant purchase, you’ll be prompted to sign up for a pick-up time. Sign up for a pickup time via the Sign-Up.com link you’ll get during checkout. Plant pickup hours are Sunday, May 7 from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please sign up for a pickup time. If you show up for your plants without an appointment, they won’t be ready, and you’ll disrupt the schedule for all!
If you have trouble with the sign-up process, please email email@example.com with your name, phone number and available times. The pick-up site is near Bennett and Brunswick in Grass Valley; you’ll get the address when you choose a pick-up time.
Tips for Shopping the Online Redbud Store
- Build your own list of plants you want to purchase, using our plant sale list. Use our Calscape plant list to quick find information of where each of these species grows and what it needs.
- Before the sale, create prioritized lists based on your preferences.
- Purchase your top several preferred species first. To maximize the likelihood of getting the plants you want, use your prioritized lists to shop first for those species you most want. Check out and purchase those, then start a new cart and continue shopping. It’s best to choose and check out early if there are only a few plants available of a species you really want. If you have a long list, be ready to check out multiple times.
- Remember, having a plant in your cart does not reserve that plant for you; it can be purchased by another customer who checks out before you do. Ordering your top-priority plants first can avoid having a species sell out while it’s in your cart.
- Your orders will be combined for pick-up, so you’ll need only one appointment.
Imagine spring…and new native plants!
Overview of Plant Sale
When the sale begins, we'll open our online Redbud store, where you will be able to see plant photos and find information about each species for sale, including cultivation requirements. Before the store opens, you can find info and photos on Redbud's Calscape plant sale list. (See this webpage for link to this list.)