Redbud's Spring 2021 Native Plant Sale is Here!
For the first time in many years, we’re holding a spring plant sale – having the sale online makes this much more feasible. We are offering plants that look their best in springtime, plus some native annuals. It will be smaller than our fall sale; we hope it meets the needs and fulfills the inspirations of many of you.
In addition to plants, we are selling books! Posters! T-shirts!
Just as with the in-person plant sales, we had a tremendous rush of native-plant enthusiasts as soon as the sale began! When the sale opened, we had 550 plants and 105 species. Wanted to update you that, as of Tuesday morning, April 27, here are the species we still have available. This include many favorites of gardeners, pollinators, and birds. Enjoy!
- Aesculus californica, California buckeye
- Aralia californica, Elk clover
- Arbutus menziesii, Madrone
- Arctostaphylos ‘Woods compact’
- Arctostaphylos uva-ursi, Bearberry
- Berberis (Mahonia) nevinii, Nevin’s barberry
- Ceanothus arcuatus, arching ceanothus
- Cercocarpus betuloides, Mountain Mahogany
- Cirsium occidentale, Cobweb Thistle
- Clarkia rhomboidea, Diamond Clarkia
- Corylus cornuta, Beaked Hazelnut
- Hypericum concinnum, Goldwire
- Lathyrus sulphureus, Sulphur pea
- Physocarpus capitatus, Pacific Ninebark
- Salix lasiolepis, Arroyo Willow
- Sedum spathulifolium, Pacific Stonecrop
- Symphoricarpos albus, Snowberry
- Symphoricarpos mollis, Creeping Snowberry
- Symphoricarpos rotundifolius, Roundleaf Snowberry
We are accepting orders on our online Redbud store from 10 a.m. April 26 through 3 p.m. April 29 (Monday-Thursday), with pick-ups Saturday, May 1. Once you’ve purchased your plants, you’ll be prompted to sign up for a pick-up time. You’ll pick up your purchases at the same warehouse we used for the fall 2020 plant sale, at 11354 E. Bennett Road, Grass Valley.
Unfortunately, the CNPS online sales platform precludes a separate shopping time for members. Instead, CNPS members who buy plants (or other items) will receive a free packet of a locally-sourced, specially selected wildflower seed mix. The mix is an enhanced version of the Shilling Seed Pollinator Mix for Nevada and Placer Counties (which has 20 species) with which we’ve mixed in an additional 11 local wildflower species. Many are annuals, but the mix also contains at least a dozen perennials, including showy milkweed, columbine, California fuchsia, penstemon, goldenrod, Humboldt lily, and blue-eyed grass.
Join CNPS now to get this benefit at our sale, plus many more, including:
- Subscription to Fremontia, a botanic journal, published two times a year
- Subscription to Flora membership magazine, published four times a year
Please refer to our Customer COVID Safety Procedures for Redbud Plant Pick-Up for more information about what we require as far as hygiene practices.
If you are unable to get your items on the appointed pick-up day or have any questions about the sale, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of Plant Sale
When the sale begins, we'll open our CNPS online Redbud store, where you will be able to see plant photos and find information about each species for sale, including cultivation requirements. When the sale site opens, we'll provide the link to the store on this plant-sale page and post in our Facebook page. We'll provide everything you'll need to know in order to place and pick up your order.