Redbud's Online 2020 Holiday Bulbs and Books Sale
We are so thrilled to be able to announce our online 2020 Holiday Bulbs and Books sale. We will be offering those items you had come to expect at our fall plant sale but weren’t able to offer last month. We’re talking native plant bulbs! We’re talking books! Seeds! Posters! T-shirts! We even have a few plants left, ready to go right in the ground! All make wonderful holiday gifts for your native plant loving friends and family. Or of course, you could always treat yourself to our wares!
We will be accepting orders from November 10 until November 13 with pick-ups on November 15. We’re still in the process of adding items but you can visit the sale page here:
The Holiday Sale will be a little different than the Fall Sale but we think it will be even easier this time around. You can now shop online at the link above and checkout using a credit card on the site. After you’ve paid, you’ll need to visit our signup page and opt for a time to pick up your items on November 15th. The pick up process will be the same as last time and at the same location.
Please refer to our Customer COVID Safety Procedures for Redbud Plant Pick-Up for more information about what we require as far as sanitary practices are concerned.
If you are unable to get your items that day or have any questions about the sale, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for a successful Fall Plant Sale!
Redbud's Online 2020 Fall Native Plant Sale
Overview of Plant Sale
Start here for the big picture – We have a new online Redbud store, where you can see plant photos and find information about each species we’ll have for sale and its cultivation requirements. Come “window shop” in the store.
We’ll begin with a special sale day just for CNPS members, Friday, September 25, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Members will sign up for a time to pick up their plants on Saturday or Sunday, October 3 or 4.
We’ll open for sales to the general public on September 30 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Purchasers will sign up for a time to pick up their plants on Saturday, October 10. Here is the revised Public Sale Redbud Plant List with prices with plants and sizes we’ve sold out of already removed.
Following, you’ll find all the details you’ll need to purchase plants at our online plant sale!
Getting Your Order Ready
You can download the preliminary plant list now; it includes pot sizes for each species, plus a price for each pot size. This list is very close to final, but, as in years past, we’ll likely need to make a few last-minute adjustments because of availability. We’ll post the final plant list at the same site on Thursday, Sep 24. You can use this preliminary plant list and our Redbud Store to start planning what to buy.
We’re having to limit the number of plants we sell to a single purchaser to 20. We have significantly fewer plants this year (as we won’t be able to offer plants grown by commercial nurseries from outside our area), and we want more native-plant lovers to have a chance to buy plants. Rest assured that we’ll be offering plants for sale again through the store as the seasons progress.
You can prepare your order any of these ways:
- Download, print and fill out an order form.
- Go through the checkout process in the Redbud Store as far as possible. You can’t complete the checkout, as, unfortunately, we can’t take payment online. Print (or screenshot) your end results.
- Write your list legibly, based on our plant list, being sure to include pot sizes and number of plants. Include your name and phone number on your list.
Make Sure Your Membership is Current
How can you shop as a CNPS member? You must be a member, Redbud must know you’re a member, AND we need your current email address, by Wednesday, September 23, in order to be notified of where to send your order and to have your order processed.
If you think you’re a member but you’re not sure, check now to make sure your membership is current through the end of October. Your membership card has the expiration date, or log in to https://www.cnps.org/ and check “My Profile “ in the upper right corner. You can also contact our Membership Coordinator, Diane Wetzel, at email@example.com.
To check membership status online, and to join or renew:
- Click “view and update your user profile.”
- Scroll to near the bottom, to “Membership Information.” Read what’s next to “Status.”
- If it reads “Current Member,” you’re all set.
- If not, at very top of page, click the icon for “California Native Plant Society.”
- Click “Be a Member.” If you are logged in, it will know who you are, and you can renew. If not, it will ask you to join.
- Renew/join. Select the amount you choose to give for your membership. Complete the process.
- When you get to the Transaction Summary, check your email. You should quickly get a receipt from CNPS. Forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 23. We ask you to do this because it takes about three weeks for membership info to get into the CNPS database and sent to our chapter, and we don’t want you to miss out! Thanks!
- If your membership is current but you have an updated email address, please let us know at email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 23.
If you’d like to shop at the Redbud fall sale as a member, and you’re a CNPS member but not a member of the Redbud Chapter (even as your secondary chapter), please email an image of your CNPS membership card to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 23, with permission to add you to our newsletter subscriber list.
- At the end of the afternoon on Thursday, September 24, we will send an email to all Redbud members for whom we have a current email address. In order to receive this email, you must be on our list of Redbud members by Wednesday, September 23. (See details under “Making Sure Your Membership is Current” earlier on this page.)
- Finalize your order in one of 3 methods: a completed order form, a printout or screenshot of your store checkout, or a completely legible written list based on our plant list, containing the same information as the order form.
- Email your order to the email address we’ll provide in our September 24 message to members.
- We can accept orders for the members sale ONLY on Friday, September 25, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). We will process orders in the sequence received. Please do not submit your order before 8 a.m.; we won’t be able to process any order submitted early. If you submit early and later realize you did, you may resubmit during the
sale period. This process is designed to ensure fairness to all. Please do not ask for exceptions.
- We will check each order against our roster of current Redbud members. If you’re not a current member, your order cannot be processed. You will need to submit a new order during the sale to the general public.
- Between September 27 and 29, we will send you an invoice on which you can see the plants you are buying. The invoice will include a phone number and will direct you to call in credit card information to charge your purchases; we’ll count on you to respond within 24 hours, so we can process your order and have your plants ready for pick-up.
- After you’ve paid, we’ll send you a receipt, with a link to reserve a time to pick up your plants October 3 or 4, and the address where you’ll pick up your plants.
Sale to General Public
Assuming we have plants remaining after the members-only sale, we’ll have a plant sale for the general public. Most of the same directions apply as to the members-only sale:
- Feel free to fill out the order form, print out or screenshot your store checkout, or write your own list based on our plant list, as long as it has the same information and is totally legible. By Tuesday afternoon, September 29, we’ll post on this plant sale page and on the Redbud Store the email address to which you should send your order.
- We can accept orders ONLY Wednesday, September 30, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. We will process orders in the sequence received. Please do not submit your order before 8 a.m.; we won’t be able to process any order submitted early. If you submit early and realize you did, you may resubmit during the sale period. This process designed is to ensure fairness to all. Please do not ask for exceptions.
- By October 7, we will send you an invoice on which you can see the plants you are buying. The invoice will include a phone number and will direct you to call in credit card information to charge your purchases; we’ll count on you to respond by 7 p.m. PDT October 7, so we know how to proceed.
- After you’ve paid, we’ll send you a receipt, with a link to reserve a time to pick up your plants Saturday, October 10.
When we send your receipt, we’ll also notify you where you’ll pick up your plants. You’ll pick up plants at one of two sites, which will be provided on the receipt. The main site is near Bennett and Brunswick in Grass Valley. Everyone at the site, both volunteers and customers, will be following COVID-safety guidelines, including wearing masks at all times. Please read the full customer COVID guidelines for the plant-sale pickup.
We Know This Plant Sale IS Different
We know you’re probably disappointed we can’t hold the plant sale in person; we are, too. We know some aspects of this sale may seem complicated, awkward, restrictive, or otherwise less than ideal. We, the plant sale team, agree! But we really wanted to have an online sale so we could offer new native plants to you. So we’ve worked very hard for several months to overcome significant hurdles in terms of COVID restrictions, holding the sale online, technical and legal restrictions, and more. We hope you will understand we are doing our best; we aim to smooth out the bumps and make this process easier as we gain more experience in this new environment.
Necessity is the mother of invention — this situation has spurred us to open the Redbud store, through which we will be able to offer you native plants for sale at various times throughout the year, not just one time in the fall. For instance, we’ll be able to offer a Spring sale, which we haven’t been able to do for several years. We hope you’ll really grow to love and use our Redbud store. Stay tuned for more on our offerings in the future.
By the way, if you aren’t able to buy all the plants you want, you can send your wish list to email@example.com, and we’ll aim to make them available in the future!
And now, enjoy shopping for plants!