FALL 2020 ONLINE SALE INFORMATION AND PLANT AVAILABILITY LIST
Once again, we are going to have an online sale so you can purchase native plants for planting during the optimal fall planting time. This sale will be different from our prior sales, as we are only offering plants that we have on hand so we can clear out our growing grounds in anticipation of a full Spring sale in 2021.
Here are some particulars about how the sale will work:
- The sale inventory will go ‘live’ on Saturday, October 3 for members and on October 5 for everyone else. You will be able to shop through Friday, October 9. Plant order pickup will be Saturday, October 10.
- We will send out an email blast with the link to the Napa Valley Plant Sale for each group the morning of the respective dates or the day before via an email blast, and it will be posted on this website on October 5.
- You can peruse the availability list, which is posted on the website, to decide which plants you may want to purchase.
- You will place your order, pay, and schedule your pickup time
- After you place your order, you will receive an email from Square that your order is ready for pick up. PLEASE IGNORE THIS EMAIL, AS ORDERS WILL NOT BE READY UNTIL OCTOBER 10, at the time you scheduled.
- Orders will be processed in the order in which they are received and will be ready for pick up on October 10, outside the gate to our sale area in Skyline Park.
- It is very important that you schedule a pick up time when you place your order. In order to maintain compliance with social distancing guidelines, for your protection and ours, pickups will be scheduled at 15-minute intervals.
- We will have a contact number listed if it is necessary to contact us, and we request that you provide contact information for us to contact you.
- There will be representatives at the gate to assist you and to answer any questions you may have.
- Because we cannot have our usual in-person sale, the inventory is smaller than usual. We have over 600 individual plants of 61 different species for sale, including large inventories (20-50 specimens) of some plants that we have propagated ourselves, and limited or very limited quantities of other plants. In some cases, we have only 1 of a particular cultivar. Available inventory will be tracked online as the sale proceeds and marked if sold out.
- There is also a small number of plants that need nurturing by being planted in the ground, as they are looking stressed from being in their pots a little too long. These will have a special reduced sale price and will be clearly marked as a SALE PLANT. While not in ideal condition, you may find that a bargain plant will thrive with proper care.
While not an ideal way to have our sale, as we like to be able offer a wide variety of plants, help you find the right plant for the right place, and give you some advice about planting and care, we hope this will be a good substitute for no sale at all. We will be happy to answer any questions, either via email or by phone, during and after the sale.
Thank you in advance for supporting Napa Valley Chapter of CNPS and continuing to enjoy the beauty of native plants.