NEW INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2020 SOD BLITZ
To maintain public health safety during the COVID19 pandemic, the Napa Sudden Oak Death Blitz will be held as an outdoor event with no group meeting.
The event is scheduled for Saturday April 11, 10:00 TO 11:30 at the Ag. Commissioner’s Office Building front porch, 1710 Soscol Avenue.
Bill Pramuk will be onsite to supervise, answer questions and ask everyone to respect “social distancing”. No more than nine people at a time can be present.
There will be a bin marked “Pick Up” containing the collection packets, which will be sterilized by the lab beforehand.
- Each packet will contain materials for sampling ten bay laurel trees.
- There will be a limited number of packets, so participants are asked to take only one or, if needed, two packets.
Participants may sign up online at: www.sodblitz.org where you will view a brief PowerPoint presentation and a 15-minute training video.
- Click on”Register for the 2020 SOD Blitz and fill in the required information.
- Be sure to download the SOD Map Mobile app to your smart phone:
After picking up a packet, signing up online and completing the online training, participants are free to collect symptomatic California bay laurel leaves at any location they choose.
Return the completed sampling packets to the same location – 1710 Soscol— by 10:00 AM Tuesday April 14 and drop them in the “Drop Off” bin.
- Berkeley Lab personnel will pick up the bin. Results will be posted online matteolab in October.
Napa SOD Blitz Volunteer Coordinator