Work Parties and Volunteer Opportunities
The Milo Baker Chapter is a volunteer organization, depending on the dedication, hard work, and incredible initiative of our members. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Serve on the board to implement chapter activities and goals
- Join work parties to maintain and improve four preserves in Sonoma County established to protect rare plant communities
- Volunteer at the annual plant sale
- Get involved in conservation advocacy under the direction of our Conservation Team, see our conservation pages
- Volunteer to assist the Outreach and Education Committee
Ongoing volunteer opportunities are listed below:
Weekly Doran Beach Ice Plant Removal
Every Wednesday (9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.) Bring clippers and gloves and knee pads if you like.
One of the most pleasant workdays happens every week – a trip to Doran Beach to pull ice plant. We are clearing out the ice plant that is in the marshland to make room for natives. It is very visual and quite satisfying, with the sound of the waves, birds and foghorn. To join us, please text Jan Lochner, (707) 569-4724, to let her know you are coming. Photo: Jan Lochner, Invasive Plant Chair and volunteer extraordinaire, surveying the Doran Marsh Regional Park ice-plant removal project.
Bodega Head Ice Plant Removal Project
Second Sunday of each month (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.) CNPS is leading volunteers at Bodega Head to save native species from getting smothered by ice plant. Meet at the main parking lot near the bathrooms. Bring water, clippers and gloves if you have them. Email Alynn at email@example.com for more information and to let us know that you are coming.
Living Learning Landscapes Workday
Second Friday of the month (9:30 a.m. – noon) Meet at 1808 Albany Drive in Santa Rosa. Please RSVP to April Owens firstname.lastname@example.org so we know to expect you! Learn more at: livinglearninglandscapes.com